your best friend
John Mason International prides itself in looking after the entire family
from the youngest, to the fluffiest members, we can help! As a family business
we appreciate more than anyone, that your four legged friend is a much loved
member of your family and our experienced Pet Relocation Division are dedicated
to providing you with the highest levels of service to ensure that your pet’s move is
as easy and as stress free as possible.
So, how does it work?
Generally, all we need is between one and six weeks’ notice (depending upon the nature and destination of your move)
and we’ll arrange everything needed for your pet′s travel plan.
For Exports from the UK, we usually collect pets a day or 2 before their trip and bring them to our facilities close to Heathrow, Gatwick, Glasgow or Manchester airports. Our vet will then examine them for their Export Health Certificate, which means they are fit to fly. Our team will take care of all the necessary Exports and Customs paperwork to make sure your pet is all ready to go.
Through our global network of partner agents, we offer the full door to door service, but can also offer different levels of service, based upon your needs. Our Pet Relocation division will:
- Liaise with you throughout your move.
- Liaise with your vet, if required, to talk them through the exact requirements for pets entering your destination country.
- Make all travel arrangements including collection, boarding, flights, Customs and DEFRA export submissions and any import requirements for the far end of the journey.
- Arrange for our vet to examine your pets and issue the Export Health Certificate (their fit to fly).
- Provide an airline approved travel carrier, if you do not have one.
- Transfer your pet to the departure airport ready for check in. Keeping you updated throughout. All dogs are given a nice long walk before we take them over to the airport, to make sure they are nice and tired.
- Send you flight tracking links, so you can watch their progress, as they wing their way to their new home.
- If required, our trusted partner agents can handle all the arrivals process, including Import Permits, Customs clearance, quarantine booking and transfer if needed and then most importantly, deliver them to your new home.We are also one of the only providers to offer Global Pet Register tags.
11,033Number of belly rubs given
100,212Animal hairs found on jumpers
65,021Animal treats consumed
Obviously documentation varies by destination, but generally your pet will need:
- A micro-chip
- Valid standard annual vaccinations.
- Subject to destination, either an Export Health Certificate issued by an official veterinarian, or a fit to fly certificate issued by a vet.
- For International travel, the regulations vary by destination, but generally they’ll require a rabies vaccination more 30 days before and less than 12 months before they travel.
- Depending upon the destination country, your pet may need an Import Permit, various additional vaccinations, reservation at quarantine facilities, and other specialist documentation, these can take up to 6 weeks or more to obtain.
We can help with all of this. We are happy to explain an individual country′s requirements and help you and your vet sort through the maze of international pet travel preparation!
If you require boarding services, we can board your pet until you are ready to have them flown out to join you. We are happy to collect your pet from home, a relative, a favorite veterinarian or boarding kennel should you need some time to relocate. We can also arrange grooming prior to export, we recommend this if you are moving somewhere hot, or it may just be a freshen up after a long flight in to the UK.CLICK HERE TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Frequently asked questions
How can I prepare my pet for a move?
Depends where you’re going, but make sure they have a microchip (it’s the law from 06 Apr 16), standard vaccinations and then we’ll advise for your specific destination. Once you confirm your move with us we will provide you with a full breakdown of what you need to do to prepare.
Can you also move my belongings?
Of course! We’ve been helping people move all around the world since 1884. Please visit our websitewww.johnmason.com for more information.
What our clients say...
Very professional gentlemen. Great attention to detail. 10/10S. M. Northumberland
UK to Malta. August 2015
Friendly, helpful team, efficient packing. Excellent work – very happy. Very impressed with all aspects of the move.J.H. Sheffield
UK to Christchurch, New Zealand. August 2015